Thursday, November 5, 2009

FEATURED ARTIST: Vintage Kitsch Magpie



Want a taste of vintage with a quirky twist? Did you say YES!? Well we've gotten the scoop on the creator behind Vintage Kitsch. You can take a LOOKIE at her etsy shop here: http://www.vintagekitschmagpie.etsy.com/

We must say that this was one of our favorites in our hunt to find a unique Featured Artist. So we asked and here is how our little interview went:


How would you describe your style:

Cute and quirky! I love anything unusual and eyecatching. I'm also a sucker for anything that makes you say smile or say 'aww'!

What inspires you?

I'm inspired by lots of things. I adore Japanese culture, pop art, vintage and kitsch items (which is quite a mix!)


How did you come up with your shop name in that creative wonderful noodle of yours? :)

Oh yes, my name! It does cause some confusion, as people often ask me if my shop items are all vintage. When I signed up for Etsy (initially as a buyer) I was struggling to think of ideas. Every suggestion I typed in, I got 'this name is currently in use!' I tried a combination of things, so my name basically means I'm a magpie for anything kitsch and vintage. Well, it makes sense to me, anyway :)

(Random)What's your favorite food?:

Anything Italian. I swear I should have been born into the Soprano family!


Out of all of your current listing's on Etsy right now, what is your favorite creations:

All of them, of course! Seriously though, I think it's my 'I Love cake' or my 'Mad Hatter' necklace. It took a lot of willpower to list both, because I wanted to keep them for myself!


Do you offer custom orders:

I'm always open to suggestions from customers :) I have only just started a custom order for one of my Facebook fans. I'd love to do more in the future.

How does Vintagekitschmagpie's busy day starts and ends:

I usually get up and check emails/Twitter/Etsy with a morning cup of tea. Then I will probably do some crafting until lunchtime. In the afternoons I go off to my part time tutoring job and get home early evening. I usually check emails again, and catch up with my TV fixes (Ugly Betty, True Blood!)

Is there anywhere else we can get a taste of Vintagekitschmagpie except etsy? (oh we would love links if there is!)

OOh yes, I'm on Twitter. http://www.twitter.com/VintageNKitsch
Blog: http://www.vintagekitschmagpie-allthingscute.blogspot.com
Fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/edit/?id=103470749334#/pages/VintageKitschMagpies-Jewellery-Shop/103470749334

Anything else you would like us to know, blogs, happy times, anything!

Well, I do have a Facebook fan page which could do with some more lovely fans! I run a blog, and I'm trying so hard to keep it up to date. I usually post creations on there which I'm keeping for myself (including some comic book shoes :) )
I'm also hoping to start a sewing course in January and hopefully branch out!


***********************************************************************************




So there you have! Hop on over to check out her shop! You won't be dissappointed! http://www.vintagekitschmagpie.etsy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! I just love reading about what's on your mind!