Thursday, October 29, 2009

1st Run Of Testing out PURSE frames





In my stash I came upon a frame that I had brought a while (long while) ago. Since I had a little time on my hand I decided to give it a try. It took two trys to come up with a pattern for it. The first one was way way off but the second one as you see worked out pretty good. I still need to work out some kinks though. The fabric that I used is native arts from Robert kaufman and the lining is a chocholate brown. I used a 3inch round purse frame. You have to be extra careful with the glue, It was kinda stringy but it was sticky. I can see that applying the glue is going to take some skills to do. :) A small wooden pedicure stick helped me out alot for spreading the glue on the inside of the frame. I will test this one out for a while to see how she holds up with the glue and plyers I used. so keep an eye out for more frame purses.
Also I found a wonderful shop on etsy that sells all types of purse frames for great prices along with paper cords, glue, purse frame crimpers, and more. You can check them out here: http://www.3dpatternpaper.etsy.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! I just love reading about what's on your mind!