Saturday, November 22, 2008

I finally broke down and parted with my cash to buy this printing by handbook. I have been having ideas of some designs to put on to fabrics but the question was "how to do it?" This books show you how to conquer the arts of handprinting. I love how it is written in clear instructions and also you have a lot of photo pictures to go by for each steps. In the back of this book she does includes patterns of the items that she is demonstrating so if your not into drawing you can just use those for your project (just remember they are copyrighted). I've been coming along pretty fast with reading this one so I will keep you posted on some handprinted fabric that I will try to create!

5 comments:

  1. That looks like a super good read! I bought 2 books too over my work trip.. haven't yet got down to reading them.. I love buying books & magazines.. they give me the inspirations and ideas for my work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your new items that you come up with will be back to check out your shop to see those new items:0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen that book and thought about buying it. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! hand printed fabrics are so unique. I thought about doing this too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I just love reading about what's on your mind!